- AT&T plans $100 million in wireless improvements [Article] – Awesome news! Hopefully, this will reduce the latest reports that AT&T has twice as many dropped calls as Verizon.
- Want To Run Android Apps On Your Windows PC? You Can With BlueStacks [Article] – If you’re an Apple fan boy like me and want to try something from the dark side then this might be your way to go without investing in some new hardware.
- Bacon Cologne! [Video] – This is going to be quick the hit this summer. #sarcasm
- How a Blind Gamer Plays Zelda by Ear [Article] – This is AMAZING!
- Homeland Security Taps Twitter, Facebook For New Alert System [Article] – “Might as well tap into Twitter an Facebook if people are on them all day long, right?”
- Is Tethering Stealing Bandwidth? [Article] – FINALLY, someone has said it. Now, how can we get the contracts changed?
- A Student Of George Mason University In US Makes $50,000 Per Year By Jailbreaking iPhones [Article] – Could make some serious coin on the side!
Presenter: Kevin Whinnery
Developer Note: In order to develop with TM you will need to have the native SDKs installed. It was recommended that you preload the Android SDK prior to TM (supposedly it takes a while to load).
Titanium Mobile Benefits/Features:
- Cross Platform
- Blackberry (soon!)
- Real Native Apps
- Open Source (free!)
- Social API integration – there are some good Facebook examples
- Data Access – connect to SQL databases
- Integrated Analytics
Here are some real examples of apps that were created using TM:
- Oil Reporter – this was developed in approximately 48 hours
- SnapPost (iTunes) – this was developed by Kevin
- Grub.it (iTunes)
- Scoutmob (iTunes)