- Amazon introduces ad-supported Kindle with Special Offers [Article] – You could get a cheaper Kindle if you “opt in” to see ads… Personally, I would pay the extra money to not see the ads.
- Disclaimers in Email Signatures are Not Just Annoying, But Legally Meaningless [Article] – PLEASE delete these! More often than not, the disclaimer is longer than the message.
- Adobe Unveils Creative Suite Subscription Editions: Photoshop For $50/Month [Article] – I still have one word: overpriced.
- New Toshiba hard drive erases its data if removed from computer [Article] – I find this very cool and interesting but I’m left wondering – How do you recovery the data if something goes wrong?
- FellowUp Is a Personal Assistant Webapp That Manages Your Social Network Connections [Article] – Another great online tool that consolidate all of you social media entities into a one-stop-shop.
- BlackBerry PlayBook Review [Article + Video] – Long story short… It’s still not an iPad.
- White iPhone 4s appear in Verizon’s inventory [Article] – Not quite sure if it was worth the investment to push these out prior to going LTE/4G.
- Google Video Prepares To Enter The Deadpool For Good [Article] – Sad but true. No worries, YouTube will be forging ahead!
Presenter: Kevin Whinnery
Developer Note: In order to develop with TM you will need to have the native SDKs installed. It was recommended that you preload the Android SDK prior to TM (supposedly it takes a while to load).
Titanium Mobile Benefits/Features:
- Cross Platform
- Blackberry (soon!)
- Real Native Apps
- Open Source (free!)
- Social API integration – there are some good Facebook examples
- Data Access – connect to SQL databases
- Integrated Analytics
Here are some real examples of apps that were created using TM:
- Oil Reporter – this was developed in approximately 48 hours
- SnapPost (iTunes) – this was developed by Kevin
- Grub.it (iTunes)
- Scoutmob (iTunes)